Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard


Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. 

Rating 4/5 Stars
Started: 2015
​Ended: 2015

Red Queen was a sneaky, deceptive, heart breaking book that I really really enjoyed.

Mare was a fantastic character and the whole plot and...events....was done brilliantly and were extremely clever. I loved both princes even if bad things happened and I loved the whole theme of deceiving people, countries, lives. So Good!

I will be definitely continuing with this series and I am so excited to see what comes in the following books.  


Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. 

Rating 4/5 Stars
Started: 27th March, 2016
Ended: 31st March, 2016


I have no clue what to say, just nothing. I don't know what to expect next. This book was written so well and I'm just so puzzled. Aveyard and her endings...oh my gosh!!Also, so much cover love here!
If only they sold hardcovers of this in Australian stores!!


I really enjoyed this book and the character development was well planned and was evident throughout the whole piece. Mare definitely was one who grew to become a stronger more independent woman and from this, one goes to gain more respect for her. 

There were several components of this novel that I wish didn't happen. Like, I cried a lot. 
Why?


Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard. 

Rating 3.5/5 Stars
Started: 7th April, 2016
Ended: 12th April, 2016


Much like Red Queen and Glass Sword, Cruel Crown has an absolutely gorgeous cover. And much like the Red Queen series, you either love Cruel Crown or you strongly dislike it. It consists of two short stories and they are Queens Song and Steel Scars.






Queens Song:

This is the first story in Cruel Crown and consists of around 54 pages. It tells the life story of Queen Coriane (Cal's Mother) and her downfall. I loved the story line and how powerful her cause of death was. The novel also introduced King Tiberias and Elara. Overall, I really enjoyed Queens Song and it really brought some light on the mysterious life and death of Cal's mother.

Steel Scars:

Steel Scars is the story of Captain Farley (Diana) and though this short story started off slow, it got better towards the end. It introduced some Glass Sword characters along with the more 'main' characters. By the end, I enjoyed it quite a lot and found the ending making me want to Re-read Red Queen.


Comments

Popular Posts