The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Rating 4.5/5
Started: 13th October, 2016
​Ended: 18th October, 2016


Ah this book, it made me cry so much. I am even crying writing this! I never thought I would be so sad over an intelligent robot ship but the relationship between AIDAN and Kady was really touching for me. AIDAN was portrayed as such a cruel object but it was really quite human and emotional. For this, I loved the character of both Kady and AIDAN and I hope we see him again in the next story. Also, I listened to Mozart-requiem in D minor and it just made me more sad. I loved Ezras character as well. He was playful and so very entertaining to read. Damn these authors for making my world shatter with every sentence of those final chapters. 

I never usually read space books because I find them hard to read and get into but this book was fantastic. I loved how they look like files and the details, so much detail. The story line was great and the ending with Kady and Ezra just made me cry more. I loved everything about this book and I would most definitely continue with this series in the future. I recommend it to all!!

Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Rating: 5/5
Started: 14th December, 2016
​Ended: 16th December, 2016

This was amazing. So amazing. I read this in Italy and I just remember not being able to put it down. It was that great. I walked the hills of Lake Garda, Gardone Rivera reading it. Sat by the half frozen stream of the place we were staying at with an Italian Dog named Penny who stole a little Russian girls doll and I had to chase it around the huge estate and gave it back to the little Russian girl who started speaking in Russian and although I am Russian I had no clue what she was saying, yes, this book was in my hand and I was reading it. Sating in the negatives while my breath formed little silver clouds and the real clouds threatened with snow that actually never came and then the sun came out and gave truth to those words "In Sunny Italy"...all while reading it. I also was reading it when I tripped and fell down a hill and grabbed a handful of stinging nettle to keep myself upright. No, I didn't stay upright. I kept falling. Australia has none of those nasty little things. It was that great. And when I got to that final scene where you get mentally stuffed and you want to throw that book into the stinging nettle and then you find out the truth and you still want to throw the book into the sting nettle because how could those two authors do something so mentally tortuous their readers? There was also the option of the fire in-front of me but I like the cover so that was a no-go. 

In other words, this novel was a fantastic squeal to the first book and I loved everything about it. So do yourself a favor and go read it so that I can talk to someone about it! 

Penny and Premignaga Country House

Here is a photo of Penny if you wanted one. 
She was a special dog; liked to swim in the frozen river, steal Russian kids dolls and come into our room late at night to eat our dinner and steal our socks. She was unique. I miss her a lot.

I really cannot suggest Premignaga to you enough. It is amazing and the hospitality is simply divine! Daniella, who owns the place, is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet and she cares so much for you and your stay. She is so generous and will truly give you a taste of the Italian village life!
Also, the Italians give you free spiced wine. It is pretty nice on a cold day. I only had a sip people but it is very warming!Trust me, I only had a sip. 



Comments

Popular Posts