The Boundless Sublime by Lili Wilkinson

The Boundless Sublime by Lili Wilkinson

Rating 4/5 Stars
Started: 23rd July, 2016
​Ended: 26th July, 2016


Publication Date: August 1st, 2016.
Publisher: Allen and Unwin https://www.allenandunwin.com/
RRP (AU) $19.99 

Recommended Ages: 14+


Main Comment: Be wary of free water bottles and old hippy bearded men in white cotton clothes. 

General Comments: Okay wow....This book was interesting yet so weird. Like the scary kind of weird. Lili Wilkinson, how did you think of this? It was scary, deranged and actually makes me not want to get free water bottles and for this I absolutely love it!

The Boundless Sublime by Lili Wilkinson was a new kind of read for me. First of all, it was my first read by Lili and secondly, I have never read such a perfectly messed up and deranged plot line that actually makes you want to visit Melbourne but also not want to visit Melbourne.

The whole idea of the books is what interests me most. It has a form of old man serial killer mood that is really quite scary yet it all ties perfectly in around a young adult contemporary romance. I loved the characters, especially Fox and Ruby, and found that each character had their own form of personality and life experience that I could somewhat relate to...except for messed up psycho man...nobody can relate to him. I found that over time each character developed quite well and for this, it made the novel much more enjoyable and understandable. 

The plot line of 'The Boundless Sublime' was extremely creative and turns quite dark quite quickly. Although you expect the cult like institute to turn bad as it hints to in the blurb, the change from good to bad is so unexpected and creates a very creepy aura to the book and makes turning the next page a hand shaking experience. 

Overall, this novel was one of a kind and has successfully lured me into wanting to read more of Lili Wilkinson's novels. I recommend this book to anyone who likes reading Young Adult Contemporary novels with a horror twist. 

A special thanks goes to Allen and Unwin for sending me this novel to review. Thank You!

Comments

Popular Posts