The Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly

Deep Blue (Waterfire Saga #1) by Jennifer Donnelly

Rating 3.8/5
Started: 2nd June, 2016
​Ended: 4th June, 2016


Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly was a nice quick read. Although the plot line was a bit childish, there were some scenes were it was for mature audiences with mature references. This story was action packed and had strong character development in the main character Serafina though sometimes she was annoying. I enjoyed all characters introduced and see good things for this series in the future. That cliff hanger ending...

Oh! Cover love!! I think the cover is what pulled me into the novel in the first place.
I want to be a mermaid.



Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga #2) by Jennifer Donnelly.

Rating 4.5/5 Stars
Started: 9th June, 2016
​Ended: 16th June, 2016


I really enjoyed this novel which is the second book in the Waterfire Sage by Jennifer Donnelly but I found the first half of the book rather slow and boring. It was for me, up until the middle where the novel started to become interesting and really quite good. I really enjoyed the action in this novel and the fact that Madhi was brought back made it 10 times better. I love relationship between Sarafina and her people and I love how Neela's character has grown so much. This book also had so many twists. When I first started this series, I thought it would be childish but boy I was wrong. There are some mature scenes in here, such as dog fish eating decaying mermaids...

Holy plot twist....
Also, cover love to the max. I also may of judged the book by its cover. I can't help it.



Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga #2) by Jennifer Donnelly.

Rating 4/5 Stars
Started: 1st August, 2016
​Ended: 14th August, 2016


Dark Tide was an exciting add to the Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly and was quite a pleasure to read. Although it took me some time to complete due to the events of school, the book was a good read that was overall quite exciting and enjoyable. Sera has improved a lot, she has become more mature and has become someone who has witnessed the good and bad of the world and from this, she has seemed to act more her age rather than a child spoil by the riches of royalty. All the other characters were just as enjoyable and fun to read.

I also saw a great improvement and a welcome to a character mentioned in the first novel. It is through this that Astrid is seen to be a much weaker than she likes to show and through this, her character becomes much more relatable and enjoyable to read. Overall, Dark Tide was a great addition to the series and I cannot wait to read the next one.

Comments

Popular Posts